Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things About Stone


Hello again! 

As Nick and I left my grandmothers' on Wednesday morning, I thought it would be fun for you all to see my favorite things about Stone!

A bit of background: I first came to Stone when I was 6 years old and have come back every 2-3 years as I grew up. Each year, this charming little town has hardly changed with the exception of some new shops in town and perhaps some new neighbors, which is why I think I love it so much. It really is the ideal quaint little English town - let me show you in pictures some of my favorite things (queue the theme from "The Sound of Music")

1) Charming shops & shopkeepers of the high street
I absolutely adore how everytime I step into a shop, I am greeted with "allo duck!", "tara pet!" or "your welcome sweetheart". It warms my heart :)
The High Street on a Sunday afternoon (most of the shops are closed then) 

Stone Center, with one of my favorite pubs, Whetherspoon's in the back. 

2) The Stone Plot 
Nick and I went for a few walks here while we were visiting and the scenery just takes my breath away and calms me almost instantly. My stress just melts away at the sight of the lush green hills, wildflowers (dandelions shown below) and great big trees. I could walk for miles really, especially when the night is drawing in. It also helps that the plot is walking distance from my grannie's house.
The Plot at sunsest

Nick took this one, look at all the dandelions in the grass!

3) Friendly cows and sheep (especially the baby lambs!) 
 I think the friendliness from locals trickles down to the animals as well! They should alter the phrase "happy cows come from California" and make it "happy cows/sheep/dogs/cats come from Stone".

I was ready to take this little lamb with me...isn't it precious?!
Can't forget my favorite cat from princes street! 

Met this friendly 12 week old French bulldog while walking on the downs banks. Again, I was ready to pack this little guy with me. His name was Pablo :) 

4) Mesmerizing country lanes and scenery 
Need I say more? I'll let the photos do the talking!


5) And last, but certainly not least, visiting my grannie! 


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love all the photos and especially the one of you both with your Granny :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis; I remember your Gram and Stone with such love and appreciation. I would love to go back for a visit again. You're right about the people there.....so very welcoming and friendly. This is a wonderful blog. I'm glad I didn't have to "do" Facebook to get into it. ( I don't do the social media sites.) So this is a real treat......

    You come from a rich heritage, Alexis, with both your mom and dad's background. I'm glad to see you are enjoying it. Bless you on your journey. Love, Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoy this part of the country. I lived in California for over 30 years and moved back here 3 years. I do visit family and friends in California frequently.

    ReplyDelete